- David arrived at the movie theater at 1:15 p.m. The movie he wanted to see started at 2:15 p.m. How long did he have to wait?
- Zara arrived at the movie theater 15 minutes after Bill. What time did she arrive?
- Amy wanted to get to the movie theater 15 minutes before the 2:15 p.m. show. What time should she have arrived?
- Joe knew that the movie lasted 1 hour and 45 minutes. What time would the 2:15 show end?
- Emily was 20 minutes late for the 2:15 show. What time did she arrive?
- Matthew wants to watch a movie that is 2½ hours long. He has to be in bed by 9:00 p.m. It is now 7:00 p.m. Does he have time to watch the movie? Explain.
- Daniel got to school at 8:15 a.m. He was a half-hour late. What time did his school start?
- On Saturdays, Monica has breakfast at 8:30 a.m. Her tennis lesson starts an hour later and lasts for an hour. What time is her tennis lesson over?
- Suppose you put a cake in the oven at 6:45 p.m. It takes 40 minutes to bake. What time will the cake be done?
- Rufus flew to Dallas. His plane was supposed to leave at 9:20 a.m. It was delayed for 50 minutes. What time did the plane leave?
Tara and her brother often ride the city bus to get to the park on Citrus Road, to the shopping Center on King Street, and to the skating rink on Barker Ave. They live on Orchard Road.
Use the bus schedule to answer the following questions.
- What time does the earliest bus arrive at the skating rink?
- How long does it take the first bus to get from Citrus Road to King Street?
- How long does it take the third bus to go from Citrus Road to King Street?
- Tara wants to be at the skating rink for 3:00 p.m. Which bus should she take? Why?
- At the park, there is a concert that starts at 2:45 p.m. If Tara and her brother take the second bus, will they be on time? If not, how early or late will they be?
- Which bus takes 46 minutes to get from King Street to Barker Avenue?
- How long does it take Bus 2 to get from Orchard Road to Barker Avenue?
- Tara arrived at the bus stop at 12:30; but the bus had come early, so she missed Bus 1. How long does she have to wait until Bus 2 arrives at her stop?