To the interdisciplinary fields, which define partially sciences of their own, belong e.g. the
- chemical physics, the science of physical relations in chemistry
- geophysics, the sciences of physical relations on our planet
- econophysics, dealing with physical processes and their relations in the science of economy
- physical chemistry, dealing with physical processes and their relations in the science of physical chemistry
- biological physics, studying the physical interactions of biological processes.
- medical physics, the application of physics to prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
- astrophysics, the physics of the universe, including the properties and interactions of celestial bodies in astronomy.