The Cambridge IGCSE Physics syllabus helps learners to understand the technological world in which they live, and take an informed interest in science and scientific developments. They learn about the basic principles of Physics through a mix of theoretical and practical studies. Learners also develop an understanding of the scientific skills essential for further study at Cambridge International A Level, skills which are useful in everyday life. As they progress, learners gain an understanding of how science is studied and practised, and become aware that the results of scientific research can have both good and bad effects on individuals, communities and the environment.
Why choose Cambridge IGCSE Physics?
Cambridge IGCSE Physics is accepted by universities and employers as proof of knowledge and understanding of physics. Successful candidates gain lifelong skills, including:
• an understanding of the usefulness (and limitations) of scientific method, and its application in other subjects and in everyday life
• a concern for accuracy and precision
• an understanding of the importance of safe practice
• an awareness of the importance of objectivity, integrity, enquiry, initiative and inventiveness
Cambridge IGCSE Physics also provides opportunities for students to:
• become confident in a technological world, with an informed interest in scientific matters
• develop an understanding of how scientific theories and methods have developed, and continue to develop, as a result of groups and individuals working together
• understand that the study and practice of science are affected and limited by social, economic, technological, ethical and cultural factors
• develop an awareness that the application of science in everyday life may be both helpful and harmful to the individual, the community and the environment
• appreciate that science overcomes national boundaries and that the language of science, used correctly and thoroughly, is universal
• develop an interest in, and care for, the environment
Assessment at a glance